TERMS FOR USING SUPERSWEETSHOP.COM AND SUPERSWEET.ORG
Pay attention class. Silly as we’d like to be, SUPERSWEET has to have a section on boring legal stuff. This will be beneficial for both of us, and we've gone to great lengths to hire lawyers who can understand us and speak the lingo!
The legal bits are important because they are about the relationship between you and SUPERSWEET. They also help protect us so that SUPERSWEET, like grandad, can be enjoyed for generations to come and to give you what you want. So please have a read and see what it says. If you don’t agree to them, then we’re afraid you can’t come in – by coming in you are effectively agreeing to them. We may change them from time to time so please check them regularly – these terms were last updated on 14th of June, 2010.
Who is SUPERSWEET?
SUPERSWEET is owned by chief dog Choltida Pekanan. Our trading address and registered office are at Unit 2, Coopers Yard, London, N1 1RX, UK. SUPERSWEET is a registered trademark in the UK, trading No 2534000. SUPERSWEET is also registered in the USA under Reg. No. 3,842,028.
SUPERSWEET sources the bling in fashion, music, culture and editorial content, delivering to you a five-star service. We ask you to help us by making sure you respect these terms for using the SUPERSWEET websites and not screw us over.
Aside from our brand new digital shop, SUPERSWEET runs an editorial jungle on the far side that we call ZOO. It contains archived articles from SUPERSWEET Digital plus updates in art, fashion and music. Want to contribute? Then please make sure you only send us your own work, because we'll all be sued if you nick other peep's stuff. As random as we are, when it comes to respecting people’s rights, we take it seriously. Please read below on rules for contributing.
Uploading pictures and content for SUPERSWEET
In sending us content to upload, you are effectively saying to us:
• A - You created the content or took the picture
• B - The content/picture is not offensive
• C - The content is not libellous
• D - The content/picture is not illegal
• E - The content/picture is lawful
• F - The content is not discriminatory in any way
• G - We can use the content/picture – in effect you give us a worldwide licence to use the content/picture in any format including online and paper (free of charge) for as long as we like but you still own it. You agree that if we want to we can change it as we think fit unless you tell us otherwise. Please let us know when you send the content/picture if you want us to treat your content / picture in different way from this. By the way, we reserve the right not to publish anything you submit and to pull it down at any time without warning
• H - You are over 18 or have the permission of a responsible adult to use the SUPERSWEET websites.
This means that if you break one of these promises you are going to “put your money where your mouth is” and pay us for anything we end up spending on lawyers to defend ourselves and on paying compensation to other people.
Copyright in everything on the SUPERSWEET websites is owned by SUPERSWEET or its contributors. You can print off pages from SUPERSWEET for personal use only, not for commercial use, unless we give you written permission.
Protection against viruses
All the stuff we upload onto the SUPERSWEET websites is run through Jason Bourne's up-to-date virus checker software package for your protection and ours. As fit as Jason Bourne is, we all know that no software can protect you from every virus and STD. Therefore we can’t guarantee that you won’t catch something from the site – though it is very unlikely and the best thing to do is to make sure you use proper protection. Keep backups of anything on your system that is important, because we can’t be responsible for anything you may lose.
We allow links to other sites of interest to our readers (including advertisers). We don't have any say over what they do with their site, so when you go on it their terms apply and it is between you and the owners of that site if there is anything wrong. If you find that a site we have linked to abuses any legal policies, please shout our way so we can remove the link immediately.
Linking to SUPERSWEET
We loved to have our egos nursed with links, but if you are a business can you please check with us first? We reserve the right to say “no” if we don’t want to for any reason.
Relying on what we say on SUPERSWEET
We try to do everything we can to make the SUPERSWEET sites reliable. For example, we try to ensure information on shop brands are accurate and up-to-date but we cannot be 100% sure as we’re only human too. Likewise, we try to ensure our editorial content contains correct information, though are sources may at times be independently incorrect. The SUPERWEET sites are meant to be informative but we are not offering advice so please don’t take anything we say like it’s gospel. It’s full of opinions - sometimes controversial ones - but at the end of the day, it’s there to entertain.
If you feel bummed out by anything on SUPERSWEET or believe we have published your work without permission, please contact hello[at]supersweet[dot]org. We will respond to complaints as quick as Jackie Chan.
Laws applying to SUPERSWEET
Our terms are governed by English law and in the unlikely event of a dispute we ask you first to talk to us. If the dispute still cannot be resolved, we ask you to allow an independent mediator to deal with it and if all that fails the matter can only be dealt with by English courts of law.
Protecting our users personal information is extremely important. We want a safe, transparent environment regarding processing your personal information. We have registered our use of personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office (number Z1056233).
What personal information we collect
Just like Santa and his list, the personal information we collect is required in order to allow you to enjoy the SUPERSWEET websites to the max. When you register with SUPERSWEET to receive newsletters, and/or pay for your shopping, become a member and receive special offers, you will be asked for required information such as your name, email and postal addresses, and you password. Other important information such as your banking details will be processed securely through our external checkout methods (PayPal). Please read below for basic information on fraud protection:
• PayPal aims to protect both parties with risk mgmt tools and an anti-fraud team. With PayPal, buyer account information (such as credit card numbers or bank account information) is never transmitted except when using 128-bit encryption and is always shielded behind PayPal’s firewall. If a buyer’s credit card number is stolen and used fraudulently, PayPal may employ a chargeback resolution policy to reverse a transaction that has already cleared. Please read PayPal's fraud policies in full here.
SUPERSWEET also stores IP addresses, browser information and access times which are used to gain a better insight into the way you as a user navigate the website and to allow us to tailor the SUPERSWEET websites to your needs.
How your personal information is used
We use your personal information to provide safe websites which perform their functions effectively and caters for the changing demands of our readers. We only use your information for the purposes set out in this policy and we will not share your personal information with third parties. Your personal information may be used to enable:
• you to become a tiered member of the SUPERSWEET Shop;
• you to receive newsletters if you want;
• to process payments and orders for goods and services purchases on the SUPERSWEET Shop;
• SUPERSWEET to prevent and investigate misuse of the SUPERSWEET websites;
• to comply with a legal obligation;
• to defend ourselves legally;
• to create demographics, so we know collectively who our readers are;
• us to sell our business – if we do that, their terms of the policy will continue to apply but in relation to the new owners.
A cookie isn't a crumbly bit of tasty dough, but a piece of data stored on a user's computer, tied to information about that user. SUPERSWEET only uses session cookies that are deleted from your computer when you leave the SUPERSWEET websites. Some cookies do stay on the hard drive so that your computer may be recognisable when you return to the site. We don’t recommend deactivating cookies on the SUPERSWEET websites as certain functions can only be used when cookies are enabled.
To keep your personal information secure we will use password protection, data encryption and frequently check for viruses. Because no data within the internet can be totally protected, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information you disclose to us. Therefore any information you do disclose, you do so at your own risk.
If you have any queries regarding this policy or your personal information please contact us.